Another sewing post today.
I am hoping to get some other projects going soon that aren’t sewing. I’ve just been relying on past projects so far.
This is from Simplicity pattern 8441, which may be out of print. I did view A. It’s kind of interesting because it looks like the llama’s face is pointing totally forward, but in fact the face is just on one side.
I made 2 of these for friends (they only took a couple hours each to make), and as usual I messed them up. I lost the pattern piece for the ears so the ears are totally out of whack. The rest is ok though.
If you use faux fur, be prepared for fur to go everywhere! I don’t have any tips except maybe just to vacuum right away after you cut. I’ve used shearling before too on something else, and that has a moderate amount of shedding when you cut it.
I didn’t have any problems sewing this, because since it’s done inside out, the fur is neatly tucked inside. I guess it was a bit tricky to slip stitch it closed.
I used buttons for the eyes, but that’s because I don’t trust my satin stitch to be very neat or that they would be the same size. I think on the other one I did felt eyes. The nose and mouth are embroidered and the brown area is a felt applique.
It’s a pretty cute project as long as you keep all the pattern pieces, and it doesn’t take too long. Win-win!